Sun, 03 Apr|
Eco printing - from garden to garment
Eco print yourself a unique cotton T shirt from locally gathered leaves and flowers in this natural dyeing workshop.
Time & Location
03 Apr 2022, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm NZST
Nuku Studio, 132 Gibbons Rd, Kaiwaka 0573, New Zealand
About the Event
A beginner's journey in eco printing, otherwise known as botanical contact print, where you'll explore how to use various seasonal plant sources to create unique colours and prints on a cotton T shirt to take home. We'll be using metal salts as our mordant, go foraging in the garden for plants using a tikanga approach, create a 'hot bundle' and share a cuppa around the fire (or gas burner depending on weather).
- a small selection of leaves, petals or seeds from your garden or a place significant to you.
- a notebook or camera to document as you learn.
- a small plate of food for a shared grazing table.
- optional - a second item of clothing or fabric to dye (natural fibres only)
- a cotton T-Shirt, crew neck (women's and men's style available). You will be contacted after registration regarding your size requirement.
- notes on natural dyeing including mordanting fabrics
Suitable for beginner and experienced dyers. Covid vaccination certificates required as per red restrictions. Class limited to 4 participants.
Eco printing workshop
Includes a cotton T-Shirt, tutoring, materials and tea/coffee.$120.00Sale ended